Hot banoffee souffle with salted caramel ice cream & toffee sauce
13th May 2020
Hot Banoffee souffle
This recipe is delicious, served with home-made salted caramel ice cream & toffee sauce.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour
- 300ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 60g of sugar
- 150g mashed banana
- Whisk yolks with flour with vanilla essence until you get a smooth paste.
- Heat up milk in pan, simmer but not boil.
- Gradually add the hot milk to the paste until thick and creamy.
- Put egg whites with a pinch of salt in to a kitchen mixer bowl (you can do it by hand it's just more difficult) and whisk, adding sugar gradually until the mix gets its peak (white stiff glossy mixture)
- When milk is warm pour it slowly into the egg mixture, combine, transfer back to pan and cook on low heat until you get to custard like consistency.
- Then mix with bananas.
- Take the mixture off the pan and let cool.
- Once cooled, whisk 1/3 of meringue in, when combined add the rest of the meringue mixture folding gently.
- To bake you’ll need 4 ramakins brushed with soft butter inside and covered with sugar all around and bottom, oven 200 Celsius for 10-15 minutes filling then with mixture up to top
- Optional for toffee you can use dulce de Leche.
- Fill ramakin half way through, put a little bit of dulce on centre and then cover the mixture up to top.
- For decoration of a "chocolate fan" simply melt a little bit of chocolate in bowl over boiling water or microwave, and then using a teaspoon pour it slowly onto baking parchment into the shape you desire and chill in fridge/freezer until ready.